Friday, August 10, 2012

Am I a Complete Door Mat?

I have to learn to stop letting people walk all over me all the time! My roommate asked me to watch her dog. I thought she meant next weekend and but she actually meant this weekend. I told her I was going to try and take my class this week instead of next and she flips out on me because then I won't be able to watch her dog for her. I will gladly watch her dog for her once in a while but this has been happening more and more often. The other week she calls me up and says she is leaving for the night and I need to watch her dog. Luckily I had no plans so it was fine. But I just hate the way that when she knows I have no plans she just assumes that I can watch him. It's her dog not mine and the reason she gets so mad is because if I don't watch him she has to pay someone to. Grrrr now I remember why I prefer living on my own!!! I wish I could afford to live on my own. I mean where I live is nice, but there are so many rules that seem to be completely one sided. I pay a decent amount of money to live there each month and I feel like I am just a house guest. I'm pretty sure I pay more than she does considering her family own the house. I am considering finding somewhere new to live. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have someone to talk to in the evenings, but I am starting to discover who she really is. I hate to say this on here because I know I am reacting right now and later I won't feel this way. But I guess at least no one will read this so it's ok. She is a bratt! Money out the wazoo and wastes it on stupid crap! If she doesn't get what she wants she gets pissy. I told her I didn't want to go to the lake this weekend because I wanted to go see my friend and she gets all stand off-ish. I hate to think how she's going to react when I tell her I'm not going to the lake with her and her parents like she asked me to because I'm probably going to PA. Then the whole deal with my dad. I asked my dad to get a hotel while he's here because I didn't think it would be cool for him to stay at ours. Then I realised he could just stay on MY couch in the basement and seeing as she was going to be away that should be fine. But she said no and that he had to stay in my room as those are the rules in the agreement. But yet when her sister came to stay for a WEEK it was fine for her to stay in the office. Sometimes we are both tenants and sometimes it's her house and I live there and it always depends on what works best to her advantage. She knows I'm tight on money and yet she constantly flashes how much she has in my face.

I think it may be time to get back on the search for an apartment of my own. Money may end up being a little tight, but I'd rather that than this. This is going to make me crazy if it continues this way!

No comments:

Post a Comment