Monday, August 20, 2012

I Passed!!!

This weekend I took my motorcycle riding class and test. It was fun, but when we got done yesterday lunch time I was glad that I got to go home.

But let's back up to Friday. Friday night I went over to hang out with the guy I have been seeing and met his son. I was so nervous. I haven't really been around kids that much in my life, so I never really know how to deal with them. What to say, how to say it, what is ok for them to say to me, how I should respond and interact with them etc. Well on Friday I think I did a pretty good job. I got there and he was very shy of course. But soon he warmed a little towards me and within a short time he was telling me all about his Thomas trains. We went out on the roof deck and suddenly one of the trains went over the side. My friend went down to get it, leaving me alone with his son. This was terrifying territory but his son acted like he had known me forever, and instantly I felt an affection towards him. I guess kids just have that affect on people. I instantly stepped in to the caring mother-type role, scared that he was trying to climb on the railings, but laughing at all his crazy antics. Then seeing how him and my friend were as father and son my heart just started to melt. Now I know I need to be careful here, not only could I find myself getting very attached to this guy, but now also his kid, and if I do, I need to be sure I am ready for this. I really don't know if I am but I can definitely feel something happening here. I am just hoping that going with the flow is going to work out for the best. After his son went to bed, we hung out and cuddled and just enjoyed each other. He wanted me to stay over again but I didn't think that was appropriate with his son there, so I went home. But I definitely fell asleep with a warm feeling inside that night.

Saturday morning was an early start. The class started at 7:30 with a brief classroom session followed by some hands on training. I loved it! It was tricky at first, learning how the bike handled and what it felt like to ride, and corner and lose your balance. But I soon felt more at ease and felt like I picked it up pretty fast. After lunch was the classroom session followed by the written test, on which I got 100%. It was an easy test so my perfect score wasn't too much to celebrate.

Saturday night I just hung out at home. I was exhausted! A quick dinner with my roommate and then an early night. Sunday morning I was back up early and out at the class at 7:30 again. Sunday was all practical, with some of the trickier expercises. The one that really threw me off was swerving. Just the sense of losing control made me really nervous. But I think I did ok. Soon it was time for the practical test and although it was the hardest exercises being tested I kept my cool and passed with only 8 points deducted. So I can officially now ride a motorcycle. Now I just need to figure out when and how I am going to get one.

Spent Sunday evening and last night over at his house again. We went to the movies and then out to dinner which was really nice. A good old fashioned date night. No set plans for this week as of right now, but I did say I would make him dinner one night so just need to make plans for that. Probably tomorrow or Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment