Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Getting Tough Now

I'm missing him a lot today! I wish I wasn't. I am trying to keep my mind active and keep busy but I just want to text him. I can't though, I know that would make him mad. He specifically asked me not to and that he would call Saturday. 99% of the time he is good for his word. He told me if he got an overtime shift he would call but that he wasn't supposed to work until Saturday. With the amount he normally works I find this really hard to believe, but I have to respect his wishes. If he wanted to speak to me he would. I have to wait until Saturday. At least I have a busy weekend ahead.

Tonight I have to pack and get a few things down at home. Then tomorrow night I am headed out right from work down to Pennsylvania. I'll get in pretty late but I'm thinking a stop in at the Willow will be in order. Then Friday morning I have an appointment to get my hair done at 10, then I am thinking I might pop up to Northern Lehigh's band camp rehearsal for a bit and see the kids. Then down to Donna and Randy's for an afternoon by the pool before heading over to the DCI show at J Birney Crum. Then Saturday is the NJA clinic. I'm planning to stop by and say hi to some people but I am not staying all day. I'm planning another pool day if possible. I have really missed hanging out by the pool this summer! Then Saturday night is night 2 of DCI East with both the Cadets and Crossmen performing. Also at some point on that day he is supposed to call me, probably right around 10 as usual which unfortuately will be right in the middle of the show. But I will make sure I take the time to talk to him. Then I'm sure a few drinks at Lupos are in store before turning in for the night. Sunday morning will be breakfast with the fam. I'm looking forward to this more than anything! Then after that I'm not too sure. I have a 6 hour plus drive home so I probably should get on the road after that. But I could wait a bit and have one last dip in the pool before I leave. So long as I am out of there by 3 I should be home by 9 but who knows what traffic will be like. Hopefully the new way Randy is going to show me will be a lot quicker and cut my drive time a bit.

In addition to all this I emailed a guy about a colourguard position in Rhode Island. He got back to me last night and said I was exactly what they were looking for. He is suposed to call me at some point and speak with me. Rhode Island is a bit of a hike, but if it's close to Providence I could do it in under and hour and a half. Not too bad for a full day rehearsal, might prove tricky on week nights, but I could probably be there for 6:30 if I really needed to. They want someone for band season and then to develop an indoor program. That's what I'm most excited about. Developing my own program, working to build something and use my own ideas. I have always just been a tech, or in the case of Parkland, a co-designer. But this would give me design freedom. It will be a big job but something that I could develop over a few years. I love teaching Sac but I am only a tech there, and some of the ideas I have heard for this up coming season sound a little dated. I will work with what they give me but I could definitely do both. So watch this space on that.

K time for some work. Been here for an hour and all I have done is email my mum, check facebook and update my blog haha

No comments:

Post a Comment